need a new power head ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ORION411

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got a swr tank and am looking for a power head, I've been looking at a koralia 1050 and wondering if that's good enough or should I get the 1400 or if there's another power head brand that's better and cost worthy any suggestions? Thank u in advance

ORION411 said:
I've got a swr tank and am looking for a power head, I've been looking at a koralia 1050 and wondering if that's good enough or should I get the 1400 or if there's another power head brand that's better and cost worthy any suggestions? Thank u in advance
BTW It's 65g lol

I koralia's are great powerheads, but I just recently upgraded to a Vortech MP40 and this thing is out of this world amazing. My advice would be save for a bit and get this bad boy... Totally worth the $$!

Thank u Pete carey and sneak I have a koralia in my Bio cube and maxi jet in my fresh water but the vortech I've never used ima have to look into those :) thanks u all rock

Holy #%@* I just looked up the vortech mp40 it was 460$ but I love that it has a battery back up that is sweet I'm sure I could find it cheaper but I gotta get a power head quick lol 1 day I will get one of those but for now I gotta stay in ma price range :-\

Thats the price anywhere you look. It has special pricing from ecotech, they don't allow anyone to sell it for less than what they say. If you get caught selling it cheaper they take away your account with them.

Vortechs are the 'it" powerhead and are probably worth every penny but it's still out of reach for most aquarists.

It definitely seems to be the best but I'm just a lowly equipment operator lol think I'm going with the koralia evo 1050 on big al's pets I found it for 35$ & 10$ s&h so hopefully they'll work out never ordered there b4 :)

The MP40 is a great powerhead/wavemaker. It has all kinds of settings and you can save different modes on there. I have a pulse mode saved so it creates the perfect wave in my 90. It's worth the money but when the wetside does breakdown, that's an easy 75 just to replace. I couldn't be happier with it. Although it does move ALL the water in my tank, I did add two Koralia 750's just to and some chaotic movement.

Back
Top Bottom