Need help asap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I came home to my skimmer leaking. I fixed the leak but my water is like 5 gallons low and my salinity is .26 can I get some bottled water to add?

Do you have a supermarket or walmart that sells ro/di water from those machines out front? I was paying 30 cents a gallon.

There is a walmart up the street from me but I have never seen the r o thing outside I guess I can call them.

Sometimes they keep it inside. My local publix and winn dixie stores have the machines out side. Not sure what part of the country youre in. lol

Ok I'm calling them now. If they don't have it what would using bottled water do if I prime it

I;ve used pure spring water in a clinch before, its; like 67 cents a gallon in walmart. Plus you get the jugs for later use. :)

So I came home to my skimmer leaking. I fixed the leak but my water is like 5 gallons low and my salinity is .26 can I get some bottled water to add?
What exactly do you mean by .26? It should be SG 1.026 or 35ppt salinity. If you lost water from a leak it should not affect salinity if the water that leaked was saltwater. If you lost saltwater, add saltwater. Adding freshwater only will lower the salinity.

I meant 1.026 I just was in panic mode and typing fast . I added the r o and it's 1.022 now. So everything is back to normal now.I just had to add enough to get me through tomorrow when my Pwc is done on Saturday's

Back
Top Bottom