Need Help Setting Up An Air Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katiekelsey

Aquarium Advice Freak
Where do I put the air pump? Is it okay to put it under the tank in the cabinet?
How do I prevent the air pump from vibrating and making noise?
I know a check value should be used. Is there a right / wrong way to place the valve in the air tubing?
Thanks

Where do I put the air pump? Is it okay to put it under the tank in the cabinet?
How do I prevent the air pump from vibrating and making noise?
I know a check value should be used. Is there a right / wrong way to place the valve in the air tubing?
Thanks

1. Anywhere you want.
2. Yes.
3. Place something cushiony under it such as a PC mousepad. Make sure the body of the pump is not leaning on or contacting any hard surface. Use a gang valve to vent excess air in case too much is going into the tank.
4. Check valves often have an arrow indicating the proper flow direction. If not and the check valve is translucent/clear, generally the pointy end of the rubber valve points in the direction the air flow should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The check valve stops the water siphoning back into the air pump when it's off. For this reason I help reduce the water pressure on it by having it above the water line.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom