Need Some Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bnortz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys,

I'm currently running my first tank. It's a 60 gallon, just like the standard 55 just a bit higher. It has 60 lbs. of LR, 40 lbs. of LS, 6 nassarius snails, 1 remaining peppermint shrimp after my snails feasted on the other two, and one yellow watchmen goby. Water parameters are in check and the livestock seems to be healthy and happy. I plan on adding more fish in the next few months, but before doing so, there are many things I still need to get.

-Skimmer (I'm planning on a Octopus HOB with no sump as I anticipate upgrading in tank size within a year or two)

-Lighting (I'm probably gonna go HOT5 as I'll eventually get some soft corals, zoas, mushrooms, and other beginner corals)

-Powerhead (not sure of the amount of flow I'll need for a 60 G)

-Additional CUC

-Base Rock

-Auto-Top Off

If you guys could give me some suggestions on the order I should go about buying these things I would appreciate it. Something to put into consideration is that I'm 15 and on a tight budget. Thanks for your time

-Ben

How long has the tank been running? If its been running for 1-2 months you probably could add some more Clean-up crew whenever you want as long as the water parameters are good. You could also add more rock but this could set off a new cycle if its not cured. If its from an established tank you should have no worries. What is your current lighting or do you have any? Even a compact fluorescent can handle zoa's, mushrooms/ricordea, anthelia or kenya tree corals. Hope that helps a few of your questions!

Water params are good. For lighting all I gave is a small lighting strip that was on my 10 g freshwater. I'm looking into icecap T5 ballasts

Back
Top Bottom