Need some help on leveling my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Troy.m

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I've set up a 120 gallon in my 3rd story apartment(I know risky,risky) but the floor seems to be a sort of concrete material under the carpet and I've got it up against the wall. all seems to be pretty good it's Been full and cycling for a week with no shaking as I walk by it besides one random spot in the middle of the room if I jump up and down... Now the real question is, I was freaking out that it wasn't level and that it would burst and give my neighbors a fish shower I was Measuring from the top and it was a 16th off to the left side and a 16th to the front that's just measuring the water line the level was barely off but matched what I was reading on the tape, BUT! When I leveled the bottom of the tank and the stand to my surprise they are both almost perfectly level??? Is my trim just installed sloppily?? Or is there another explanation?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

clear out a spot in the center of the tank so the level can be on the base and get a reading from that. if its off there than put shivs under the stand. the stand will be a little offset but the tank will be even. regardless 1/16 shouldn't be anything to worry about but if its a concern stores such as lowe's sell wooden shivs for $5 for a pack of 4 i believe.

clear out a spot in the center of the tank so the level can be on the base and get a reading from that. if its off there than put shims under the stand. the stand will be a little offset but the tank will be even. regardless 1/16 shouldn't be anything to worry about but if its a concern stores such as lowe's sell wooden shims for $5 for a pack of 4 i believe.

<3 fixed it for you. There'd be more replies if this weren't exactly what needs done.

Back
Top Bottom