Neon tetras with fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok guys my tanks being funny lol i did a 50% water change 2 days ago that i do every week cleaned the glass of green dust algae trimmed plants and etc. Then i noticed yesterday my neons were being nippy with each other and have some fin rot and so checked my water and in at 7.5 ph and everything else is 0 which is weird since im usually at 10-20 nitrates so yea

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wondering wth is going on and what exactly i should do for the neons

Hi, I'm having the same issue, I have quarantined the fish and dosing with Pimifix for the next 7 days. I don't have a Q tank, I have just put him in a plastic container with an airstone and floating it in the tank to maintain the temperature. Good luck

Ok seems like my neons are getting better now theyre fina arent degrading anymore and theyre acting normal

It most likely wasn't fin rot. The neons were probably just picking on each other and that's why you saw torn tails. It should heal pretty fast in clean water.

Yea prob waters super clean so they should be fine think i did too big of a water change and my crypts dine like it though started melting =(

You said you trimmed plants as well, right? It could possibly be you trimmed them a weird way and they're unhappy about that maybe. I've done huge water changes without negative effects to any plants.

No i only trimmed the melting parts honestly saw them melt so i took the melting leaves off

Back
Top Bottom