New 26 gallon bowfront build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys. Breaking out the old bowfront again. Would like stock suggestions maybe barbs? Cherry barbs I like. And a nice center piece fish. Substrate is pool filter sand and as for decorations I have a big rock fake plants and a piece of driftwood. Cycling the tank now. Gonna use some seeded media from another tank after the sand settles. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435880352.347848.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435880366.287731.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My last 26 bowfront build was some oto cats, a nice pair of german blue ram cichlids, and a school of cherry barbs. I really enjoyed that tank :)

Cheery Barbs are excellent, hardy fish. Centerpiece fish that come to mind are Dwarf Honey Gourami and the before mentioned German Blue Ram. Also, some loaches or Cory Cats would make for a good bottom feeder.

I think a nice school of cherries and Kuhli loaches would look good in there. Aaaaannddd how about a sparkling gourami centerpiece?

If you wanted to ever convert it, I see the potential for a planted tank ;)

Caleb

Oh yes, kuhli loaches would be great! You might even be able to get away with zebra loaches botia striata.

Awesome guys and in response to Caleb yes I already seen it going in that directions lol. I placed some white clouds in there with some established media to get the process of cycling going. Should have fish in there when all my testings look good. I believe in going to go with a stock of
Cherry barbs
Dwarf gourami
Kuhili loaches? never had them before

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Kuhli loaches are excellent little loaches that are hardy and fun to watch. I'd wait a couple months after the tank is established to put them in the tank. They like to hide and come out at night more than in the day, so if you want a bottom dweller that is out more, Cory Catfish would be the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom