New 40g Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nestor29

Aquarium Advice Regular
Updating the 29g into a 40g breeder

Stock:
2 Clownfish (from the 29g)
1 SixLine Wrasse
1 Midas Blenny
1 Goby (undecided which kind)

I will need new aragonite substrate and around 10lbs of base rock...will be adding pieces of life rock to help with the cycle.

Any good websites that will save me some $$?

Reef rocks has great sand and rocks. There was (i dont know if its still going) a deal where if you got a 50lb box of rock you would get a free 40lb bag of sand!!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Reef rocks has great sand and rocks. There was (i dont know if its still going) a deal where if you got a 50lb box of rock you would get a free 40lb bag of sand!!

I am expecting about 100 pounds of rock from them. Got a couple boxes of sand today.

If I remember right you only need to buy 25 pounds to get the free sand. You have to pay about 15 dollars for shipping though. By far the cheapest dry rock i've found.

If you want something different, check out bulkreefsupply. They have tonga branch and different types of dry rock. More expensive though. I am expecting about another 80 pounds from them.

JustinKBreen said:
I am expecting about 100 pounds of rock from them. Got a couple boxes of sand today.

If I remember right you only need to buy 25 pounds to get the free sand. You have to pay about 15 dollars for shipping though. By far the cheapest dry rock i've found.

If you want something different, check out bulkreefsupply. They have tonga branch and different types of dry rock. More expensive though. I am expecting about another 80 pounds from them.

Thanks for correcting me, i wasent posative on the amount you need to buy! This is a great post for te OP ^ :)

Thanks...the sand on reefrocks.net looks a lot like play sand!?

Looks like sand from yhe beach to me.. Im fine with it, I plan on topping it off with live sand anyway I think.. Not sure yet.

Its like not tan line blinding white, its a bit more sand coloured then that... Looks great though

Yeah not feeling the beach look to it...I like it more on the white side

It is more on the white side IMO.... This is a picture i had that showed the sand... Pretty white

Attachments

• image-790845059.jpg
    image-790845059.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom