new and need help with cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
decided to rid myself of the sharks, brigin them to the emporium tomorrow, also probably setting up a tank or two at my parents house for tetras and a few others, but just tested tank again and theres trace nitrites but i have about 20 ppms of nitrates, does that mean my tank is cycled/cycling ?

It's getting there. Just keep a close eye and test daily for a few weeks. You'll be cycled when ammonia and nitrites are at 0 and keep nitrates below 40.

thanks, would adding safestart help? or just continue with testing and water changes?

It might help. Bacteria-in-a-bottle products seem to be a fairly polarizing subject among hobbyists, some claim they are useless, others say they really help. I used a product similar to safestart to help with one of my cycles and it really did make a difference. I don't think it would hurt to try, honestly - worst case scenario, it does nothing.

Prime and Stability helped me a lot in fish-in cycling and establishing my 10g and 20 tanks. Just follow the instructions there and in no time, you'd be done with your cycling.

Back
Top Bottom