New Aquarium Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antler

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was just given an aquarium from a friend. It's a Hagen brand, and has a canopy without lights. It's an odd size, I can't seem to find much info on it, and I'm having trouble with ordering a canopy because of the odd size. Dimensions outside to outside rim are 29 3/4"x 12 1/2". Tank is 16" from floor to top of rim. Can someone tell me if this is a common sized tank and I'm just measuring wrong? Will the standard sized accessories work?

So I just measured the old canopy and it's 29 5/8"x12 1/2". Is this a 20 long and will a common 30x12 canopy fit?

So I just measured the old canopy and it's 29 5/8"x12 1/2". Is this a 20 long and will a common 30x12 canopy fit?

Yes Sorry about Al the confusion I thought it was a twenty high

Great thanks folks. Another question now.

I currently have 5 giant danios, a rainbow shark, and Florida blue crayfish in my 10 gallon. I want to tear it down and start the new tank. Plan is to move all the water and fish into new tank (new substrate and rock) and top up with treated tap water. Setup the new aqua clear 70, and run the smaller filter from the 10 gallon on the new tank for a month.

This sound like a good plan?

Great thanks folks. Another question now.

I currently have 5 giant danios, a rainbow shark, and Florida blue crayfish in my 10 gallon. I want to tear it down and start the new tank. Plan is to move all the water and fish into new tank (new substrate and rock) and top up with treated tap water. Setup the new aqua clear 70, and run the smaller filter from the 10 gallon on the new tank for a month.

This sound like a good plan?

I don't know if you know but the rainbow shark will need to be rehomed eventually and if you could get a new filter for the twenty but use the old media to get it started cause with the smaller filter won't do that good in a bigger tank my motto is over filtering is best lol just my opinion some others might give you better advice

I don't know if you know but the rainbow shark will need to be rehomed eventually and if you could get a new filter for the twenty but use the old media to get it started cause with the smaller filter won't do that good in a bigger tank my motto is over filtering is best lol just my opinion some others might give you better advice

Thanks yes I hope to get a 45-55 gallon setup eventually. With the filter I have an aqua clear 70 bought for the 20 gallon, I'm just going to run the filter from my 10 gallon too for the BB.

Will I still have a mini-cycle if I do this?

Thanks yes I hope to get a 45-55 gallon setup eventually. With the filter I have an aqua clear 70 bought for the 20 gallon, I'm just going to run the filter from my 10 gallon too for the BB.

Will I still have a mini-cycle if I do this?

Got ya just didn't know if you knew and I do believe you will it will just take less time to cycle.it

Back
Top Bottom