New build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BamBamFishKid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Starting up a saltwater aquarium. Getting a 15 gallon tank, aqeon quietflow 20 filter, marine land heater, marine land LED hood. Live rock from Petco, and natures ocean live sand.
Planning on stocking it with the following
-2 ocellaris clowns
-1 firefish goby
-3 blue legged hermit crabs
Nice stock?

Go with dry rock much cheaper and it will become live over time

Starting up a saltwater aquarium. Getting a 15 gallon tank, aqeon quietflow 20 filter, marine land heater, marine land LED hood. Live rock from Petco, and natures ocean live sand.
Planning on stocking it with the following
-2 ocellaris clowns
-1 firefish goby
-3 blue legged hermit crabs
Nice stock?

if your gonna spend the money at petco get the 20g long for $20 and youll be much happier IMO, and i would go a little more overkill with the hob filter especially since i see you didnt list a skimmer which is fine with regular water changes, like almost double the gallon rating, if you go with a 20g long get a 40g rated filter, and go with dry rock and live sand, your gonna need a small piece of live rock to seed the dry rock, and for lighting you can go a little cheaper that marinleland if you plan on a fowlr tank, if your going for a future reef, dont skimp on the lighting, and for stock, so far so good, but your need snails as well, i would go with 3 nassarius, 3 turbos, and 3 ceriths snails.

Last edited:
if your gonna spend the money at petco get the 20g long for $20 and youll be much happier IMO, and i would go a little more overkill with the hob filter especially since i see you didnt list a skimmer which is fine with regular water changes, like almost double the gallon rating, if you go with a 20g long get a 40g rated filter, and go with dry rock and live sand, your gonna need a small piece of live rock to seed the dry rock, and for lighting you can go a little cheaper that marinleland if you plan on a fowlr tank, if your going for a future reef, dont skimp on the lighting, and for stock, so far so good, but your need snails as well, i would go with 3 nassarius, 3 turbos, and 3 ceriths snails.

You dont have to seed dry rock with live rock, you can do all dry, it will just take longer to cycle. If you want to introduce corraline algae then you will want at least one piece of live rock.

Back
Top Bottom