New from north burbs of Chicago- Fluval Edge Stocking Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xave

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im very new to aquariums so any assistance I can get would be very appreciated. I recently got a starter tank made by Fluval. It is the 6gal Edge model. I planned, and purchased, aquarium sand to use as my substrate but would like to know if cleaning sand is harder than cleaning gravel.

Does anyone have experience using the Eheim Quick Vac with the Fluval Edge tank?

I'm also interested to find out what types of community fish would be able to go with a Betta? I've heard Betta fish are rather aggressive towards others.

Thanks,

xave

Welcome to AA! We're glad you found us. :)

I have moved your thread to FW and Brackish- Getting Started to help you get more responses.

My personal opinion is that a betta might not be the best choice for an Edge tank, because they are labyrinth fish and like to surface for air from time to time. For other options, I would recommend endler's livebearers (all males so you don't end up with fry), ember tetras, celestial pearl danios, etc. You could keep dwarf shrimp like red cherry shrimp with any of the fish I mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom