new setup...what to get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
first, thanks for the links todd

i've been skimming thru shelldwellers.com, and i've been to cichlid-forum.com too, as well as aquabid. No one on aquabid is selling anything really...only 2 people, and i can get them cheaper elsewear i'm sure.

the only thing i havent checked that you mentioned was the links on cichlidforum. i'll check that right after i post this...

as far as plants i was definately been thinkin java fearn on that bogwood. maybe on the rock too if i can get it...how bout riccia? i've been contemplating setting up a tank for it for some time now. they need higher light tho right?

thanks again, and feel free to comment/suggest/whatever

I think 4 kuhliis in a 10 is definitely doable. I do not think are compatible with Shellies, but you're probably not planning on mixing them anyway. They do like current.

Riccia likes lots of light and CO2. You might want to consider Monoselenium tenerum though, which like Riccia does not attach but has a cool branchy look.

Riccia doesn't need CO2 or as much light if you leave it floating, but java moss is a better option for easier maintenance. Fish fry will thrive on the micro critters that live plants support. I got a couple of stray dwarf rainbow eggs on some live plants along with my cherry shrimp. The rainbow fry were tiny, but grew quickly on whatever they found among the plants. They were moved to the 55 community after they were big enough. I already had a school of them, so it was all good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom