New tank for 2 fantail goldies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koskiusko

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
20170609_115242.jpg

This is a 110l (~30 us gallons) tank I purchased almost 2 weeks ago, to house my 2 fantail goldfish I bought thinking they were oranda goldfish (pet store has wrong name on the label, and they haven't shown any wen growth in the month and a bit we have had them).

It's only lightly planted but most of the plants are young stem plants/cuttings so they should grow out a bit as long as the fish don't eat them, but it currently has a 1200lph filter on it, plus will be getting a 350lph secondary filter on as a secondary to deal with all the waste goldfish make

fantail goldfish grow fairly slow compared to comets,especialy in a 30 gal, but they will grow , my goldfish in my breeding pond are small but the babies, that I put into another pond are huge .they get different diets to make them grow fast so I can sell them as pond gold fish they are 4 times the size as my breeders. you cant do that in a fish tank,You will pollute your water. Be patient the fish will get bigger it takes time,enjoy them while there small,they will start eating plants that they like.

Back
Top Bottom