New tank progress so far. Thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigsho

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Tank
45 gal 36 long 24 high 12d aquaclear 110

I've had it up and running about two months now. I bought the seeded filter media to cycle from angelsplus and put it in the filter to cycle, used one on a bubbler, and I have to say it instantly cycled. For about two months now I've had 9 zebra danio glofish, 9 lampeye tetras, 1 honey dwarf gourami, 6 nerite snails, 1 golden rabbit snail 4 green cobra guppies, and two german blue rams 1m 1f. I only lost one fish (glofish) after about 2 days. All water parameters have been perfect and stable nitrite zero, ammonia zero, ph stable at 7 the whole time, and nitrates 5-10 using API master kit daily and 50 percent water changes and gravel vac weekly. I had one nitrite spike after 3 days and that was the only change in 2 months. Is this unheard of?

Also the DG seems to have some stange behaviors since I bought him. He or she seems to hang at the bottom of the tank 90 percent of the time. Also when the rabbit snail is on the bottom of the tank he sits on its shell all the time, but doesn't nip at it just sits there.

Also the GBR's seem to have paired up always rubbing on eachother and spend most of their time in the middle of the tank and never hide or seem to claim any spot in the tank. They also swim up to the top quite a bit. During feeding time they will eat flakes right from the top.

I have been feeding omega one flakes, ,shrimp pellets, and once a week tubifex or blood worms.

Next addition would be a few gardineri killifish and maybe two peacock gudgeons in a month or so.

Are those normal fish behaviors? Anthing I should change? Any suggestions for other stock or just any comments or concerns in general? :thanks:

Also the lampeye tetras dont school more than 3 or 4 at a time and the danios never do.

Got any pics? I agree the angels plus pretty much cycles the tank instantly! Can't say enough good stuff and I wish more people mnew them!

Back
Top Bottom