New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heskeysmyhero

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm thinking of starting a new tank I want something small like a ten gallon tank with hardy fish that stay small anyone got any suggestions or tips?

How about some ember tetras? I'm not sure on their requirements but they're beautiful fish. Guppies are hardy, but produce a lot of babies. Also you could look into platies., but once again, they share the same issue with the guppies :) you could do maybe a trio of guppies, 1m 2f, with lots of shrimp and a school of ember tetras :)

How about some ember tetras? I'm not sure on their requirements but they're beautiful fish. Guppies are hardy, but produce a lot of babies. Also you could look into platies., but once again, they share the same issue with the guppies :) you could do maybe a trio of guppies, 1m 2f, with lots of shrimp and a school of ember tetras :)

If you like ember tetras then you might like chili rasboras better. They are pretty cool. Or Celestial Pearl danios.

Look up nano fish as they are suitable for a 10g set up. Shrimp are also a good option and can be combined with most nano fish. Guppy males would be fine but platies IMO have to high a bio-load for a 10g. Plus with nano fish and their small size and bio-load you can have more.

Endlers and Least Killies would be a nice fit. You could also get a small crayfish.

Wow. You received a flood of suggestions :)

Some suggestions for a 10g as suggested by me and others in this thread:

Harlequin Rasboras
Chili Rasbora
Dwarf Gourami (Only 1 not w/ betta)
Shrimp
Betta (Only 1 not w/ gourami)
Platies (high bio load and lots of babies)
Assorted Danios
Guppies (Lots of babies)
Neon Tetra
Endlers (Lots of babies)
Least Killies
Cory Cats (Sand substrate)
multifasciatus (potentially aggressive)
Crayfish (Known to eat fish)

This is a pretty good reference list. I would pick 1 or 2 of your favorites from this list and then we can help guide you from there.

Back
Top Bottom