New to AA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

relic

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All,

Been lurking around this site for a while now and thought I would join. Currently have a 55 gallon marine tank with 25lbs of live rock (growing in lbs all the time). Its been many years since i've had a salt water tank, but got the bug again and started this one up in Nov 2010. Made some major rookie mistakes, like using tap water, which aided my battle with red slime algea back in December and kill couple or 5 fish. Anyway since than have purchased a RO/DI filter and things have been running well (knock on wood) Coralline algae is popping up all over the tank. Current stock is a Salfin Tang, Firefish, sissor tail goby (2, had 3 but lost one somewhere i think i have a Davi Jones locker in my tank) A Bi color angel, 2 shrimp and a clean up crew snails, hermit crabs, and a emerald crab.

Looking forward to learning as much as i can from this site, as there is a ton of information on here.

ps and yes i did treat my tank with red slime remover, due to it was out of control and had no other option. so far with the phospate pads in the canister and the RO/DI water things seem to be good.

Thanks and talk to you soon.

R

Back
Top Bottom