New to excel, not to plants or hair algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got my excel in the mail and was wondering if anyone knew if excel melted African fern or dwarf sag. Also, I've read conflicting things about excel and mosses does anyone have info? Thanks in advance

I use Excel with no problems and I have dwarf sag, vals, crypts, java moss and ferns and a few other types. The only time I've ever had an issue is when I'm spot treating BBA. I spray it directly on the BBA and it does turn the tip of the plant the BBA is on yellow.

Atxpunx said:
I just got my excel in the mail and was wondering if anyone knew if excel melted African fern or dwarf sag. Also, I've read conflicting things about excel and mosses does anyone have info? Thanks in advance

I also would like to recommend you to start dosing just half of the amount recommended in the bottle. IME some plants will suffer at the beginning but once they get use to the excel they come back really good... So it is better to start "soft" in the amount for at least the first month. After that base on your own observations, you can chose to increase the amount.

Back
Top Bottom