New to the world of fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrearyGrayWorld

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello I'm new to the world of fish. I started with a 15 gal and had a pair of pink convict Cichlids in it had about 50 fri.. It kinda exploded after that.. Now I got many tanks witch I'll list below.. I'm kinda haveing problems with one of my tanks fish seem to be sluggish and hide in there cave not wanting to eat I'm scared and not sure what the problem is I'm hopping it's because the tanks are newly set up with in weeks.. And that the biological coneys are not set up yet... Or so I read just hope they will be ok

Tanks:

120gal
This tank is my nonaggressive community tank with many friendly fish and seem to get along fine half the fish are unknown to me other half are 6 channel catfish 1.5 inch max, 7 pleco sucker fish(at least 1 male), 1 red tail shark, 3 tiny catfish that clean bottom, 1 eel, couple Gouramis (not in tank atm)

75gal
This tank is my aggressive fish Community tank and it has 5-6inch electric blue jack Dempsey(male I think) regular Jack Dempsey 4 inch (male) one Oscar fish and 1 more cichlid name on known, Couple long whiskered catfish name unknown. And some minnows for them to beat up on.
(This is also tank I have problems with)

55 gal
This tank got two Jack Dempsey's 1 male 1 female about 3 inches hopping to breed

55 gal
This tank has my baby pink convict cichlids about 40

15 gal
This tank is my pink convict cichlids breeder
1 male 1 female and a lot of eggs I just got today!

30 gal
Has my two Gouramis one is a blue and the other is a gold male gourami
Started a bobble nest bit it failed I think due to current not sure any tips welcome

Well this is the basics of what I got and I'm new to this site hope to be a long time breeder :) leave comments

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408158487.937099.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408158498.258125.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408158509.000788.jpg

Some of my tanks can give pictures to anything just need to ask :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi DrearyGrayWorld,

Welcome to AA! You really hit the ground running with acquiring so many tanks being that you're "new to the world of fish." In the hobby, we call this MTS (multiple tank syndrome). I'm with you on this as I have multiple tanks myself, but they're more on the small to nano sized tanks. Either which way, it's an addictive hobby.

On another note, I am concerned for your sluggish fish. Have you been testing the water for ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite? You should do a partial water change just in case there's an ammonia build-up you may not be aware of. Have you familiarized yourself with the nitrogen cycle? I hope your fish pulls through.

Anyways, make yourself at home. Welcome aboard.

Hey Brain!

Thanks for the reply and yes I been testing the water with my master kit and came the the conclusion that my bacteria cycle isn't running yet. But my fish are looking better been moveing more lately so I'm just gona hope that they will hang in there tell the aquarium establish itself..

Hey thanks for the reply and yeah it's very Addicting hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom