Newly creepy looking fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparrowkete

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a common goldfish that has grown a lump on its head. It looks like a wart. The lump has stayed orange and has not lost any scales. My fish is now slowly turning white, however the wart is still orange. The fish is eating well and still active just creepy looking now. What is going on?

newly creepy fish

I cant get my camera to cooperate with my computer. Sorry. Still seems happy though.

Noticeable lumps or parasites – External parasites are usually visible on the body or fins, and many will cause ulcers and lumps along the scales. Such parasites include ich (white spot disease), anchor worms, fish lice, and flukes. There are many ways you can get rid of parasites, ranging from medication to salt baths. You can even have them manually removed (though I don’t recommend this unless you know what you’re doing).
Look into these issues(with exception to ich IMO) and let us know if any match up?
Good luck.
Also check to see if Lymphocystis could be possible source of the lump?
http://search.aol.com/aol/image?q=lymphocystis+on+goldfish

I looked at the photos of lymphocystis and they don't look the same. I've seen ich before it's not that. The scales are not raised at all and the gills look healthy. The only difference is the wart and orange turning white other than on the wart itself it stayed orange. The wart is right in the middle of its head directly above the gill slits. Very centered. And weird. My other fish in the same tank have no changes at all and I want to keep it that way. Any advice is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom