Night-time contracted Haitian Anemone normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gadgetgirl1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I am new to the Saltwater community. I set up my 29 gallon biocube in May and have been patient with setting it up slowly. about two and a half weeks ago I brought home a purple tip Haitian Anemone. It is doing quite well, It moved around at first until it found where it wanted to be. At night though, i have noticed it contacts completely into its base. in the morning when the light turns on you really can't even see it because it is so far in the rock but shortly after that it expands itself completely, not contacted at all. The water levels are all what they should be, I am careful to be consistant with water changes. I give it a piece of silverside once a week and it takes that right away. Is it normal for it to do this at night? Any help would be appreciated! thanks!

Yes its normal. However you may run into problems late its advise to have an established tank for 6-12months before thinking about any nem. I hope all goes well, good luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom