NitrItes Showing Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love_MyFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I used nutrafin cycle to restart my cycle. Readings am .25 ni .5 na 5ppm. What do I need to lower nitrItes?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

NitrItes or nitrAtes? Your title says something different, ha. Do a water change to get them down; they are highly toxic and should be 0 when there are fish in the aquarium.

Your Ammonia and Nitrites should be zero if you have fish in the tank. And water changes will keep the Nitrates down. If you are showing any nitrites, keep up with the water changes to keep it down til the tank completes the cycle.

Marconis said:
NitrItes or nitrAtes? Your title says something different, ha. Do a water change to get them down; they are highly toxic and should be 0 when there are fish in the aquarium.

NitrItes. Need to fix the title but can't.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

NitrItes. Need to fix the title but can't.

I changed the title and added a little more... the more descriptive the title, the better your chances are of getting good replies.

I agree with the others, let your test kit be a guide and do water changes accordingly to get your nitrites down.

Back
Top Bottom