Not a great day for fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I turned on my lights to find a dead golden ram. My two GBRs had wounds. I removed the two GBRs and put them in a hospital tank. The male died. I'm not sure if the female will survive. The golden ram I saw dead today had no wounds visible. My other ram has a fat lip and a red dot near his gill.
Parameters
Temp: 86
Ammonia: 0
Ph: 72
nitrite: .5 my tank is planted
Any idea of what might be going on?
I did a 30% water change today.
My female GBR is doing the same thing my male was doing right before he died. So I think I'm going to loose her. The place I bought these from must of been bad stock.

So I turned on my lights to find a dead golden ram. My two GBRs had wounds. I removed the two GBRs and put them in a hospital tank. The male died. I'm not sure if the female will survive. The golden ram I saw dead today had wounds visible. My other ram has a fat lip and a red dot near his gill.
Parameters
Temp: 86
Ammonia: 0
Ph: 72
nitrite: .5 my tank is planted
Any idea of what might be going on?
I did a 30% water change today.
My female GBR is doing the same thing my male was doing right before he died. So I think I'm going to loose her. The place I bought these from must of been bad stock.

That's unfortunate - what other fish do you have in the tank, if any? How long had you had them? By 'nitrite' do you mean nitrate? Nitrite isn't taken in by plants, so if your nitrites really are at .5 you probably will want to do a water change.

I have two angelfish a school of cories and a small school of tetras. I've had the gold rams for two weeks. I got the GBRs on Friday but went back and replaced one for a female yesterday. The female already had a slight wound when I got her but it was worse today.

Oh I thought it was nitrite plants removed. But i didn't think .5 of nitrite would be too deadly.

The female died in the hospital tank. I'm going to do another water change in my larger tank.

Yeah, my ammonia is zero. Could the reason my nitrates are higher be because of the dead fish being in my water? Could I of just picked up bad fish from my LFS.

It might be, depending on how much the dead fish decomposed before being removed. Did you notice any bullying among the fish before the deaths?

I've noticed my rams lip locking. Which would explain why the one has a fat lip.

Sadly, it was the best looking female. I only had 48hrs to return the second male for a female.

Ugh that makes 5 fish deaths today. My hatchet decided he would jump today. No idea how he got out as my tank is covered. I'm going to have to go and buy more hatchets now as my school is way too small.

Back
Top Bottom