Nova Extreme Pro vs. Marineland LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlea8

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

Currently I have the Nova Extreme Pro with 6 T-5 bulbs on my 46 gallon tank. Lately, I've seen the new Marineland LED light fixtures for much cheaper. How much better are these fixtures compared to the nova extreme pro? I was thinking of purchasing one but I can't figure out why the nova extreme pro is much more expensive. Is the LED light better or the nova extreme pro? Here's a link for the LED fixture.

Marineland Double Bright LED Light Fixture (24-36 Inch)

Would the LED be better for a reef tank?

i can't see how that marine land fixture is going to be even close to what you have. i'm willing to be it's about worthless due to the sheer cost. i have seen what quality LED components run, and that's what you'll need to sustain corals.
stick with what you have. if you want more punch, swap out the bulbs for higher end lamps, like ATI.

It has 8, 1 watt leds. That is very small. It is also very cheap. I have 30, 3 watts on a 29g. Mine cost over 600. I dont think it would be bright enough to grow anything.

Back
Top Bottom