Nox Ich off day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris1212

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Using Nox Ich for the past three days (along with slight raise in temp to just over 81). Day 4 is supposed to be off day before starting the 3 day course again. I plan to vacuum and water change (30ish percent) tomorrow.

Should I redose the tank for the amount of water I take out or just wait for the full doseage the day after?

20g, water quality tests have remained good, ensuring lots of bubbles and surface activity for oxygen.

Just redose after your change on the day it recommends. Don't forget to change your filter media too, ich can live in it, the substrate, on decor, in your net, etc

Use either a warm water bleach solution to disinfect things like net, etc that come in contact with that water. I put the stuff in my dishwasher tbh, it's really hot and I figure nets are really cheap if it doesn't last as long. But I've washed decor, nets, screens, all kind of stuff on the top rack in there and it all holds up. I kinda figure if it's decor stuff and it ruins it I prob didn't want it in my tank anyway

Good advice thanks. I was wondering about the net, definitely need to disinfect. I assumed the medicine doses would also kill ich on the decor and through the filter. I don't want to get rid of my filter medium and the beneficial bacteria right?

From what I've read, it will live in the mechanical media. Like filter floss. Hopefully the meds kill it quick, it's sometimes hard to beat

Back
Top Bottom