odd death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went away this weekend for my sister's baby shower and my husband just called to tell me that one of my giant danios is floating. Everything was great before I left, ammo 0, nitrite 0, nitrate <5, pH steady at 6.6 as always. Did a 50% PWC thursday before I left and this tank has been cycled with no new additions in several months. He said that he fed them last night and when he went to feed them tonight one was floating with a big black spot on it's head. It was not there when I left.

Considering the fact that these are danios and therefore psychotic, do you think he could have injured himself, or is this something else.

Some of my old fish that died grew colored spots on them.. but I asked about it at the petstore and they told me it can happen to fish that have died. I believe them since I've seen it a few times. May be what had happened.

and it was my husband! this is the second fish i have lost under the care of someone else. now i never want to go on vacation!

Back
Top Bottom