Oh no! help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hils

Aquarium Advice Regular
What's wrong with Bazza?
PH 7.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 40
He's currently having treatment for a fluffy white fungus on his side, but today I've found him like this! Sorry my photos are rubbish, he's a shy fella...:-(
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426384756.079230.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426384829.338925.jpg

Go to the store right now and go but some ick tablets and aquarium salt. Ick is this white dots that are on the fish. I had that on my fish and it almost killed them but I put the whole ick tablet inside the tank and I added some aquarium tank and out of my 10 infected fish only 2 died which is way better than all. Ick is a parasite that kills the fish it starts off in their gills and it moves to the body but it is possible to kill.

He's already having pimafix for the fungal infection he had on his sides. That is healing well, but the rid bloody fin is new. Is that another infection? Maybe and injury? Poor fishy.

Nothing on that fish looks like ick. I would guess he has a secondary bacterial infection. I know there are meds that treat fungus and bacteria but I don't know the name.

It looks like it either got a cut and it got infected. You should do more water changes and see if it gets better

Could PH cause it? I've just rechecked as the parameters above were 4 days ago. Now the PH is reading 6. I suspect it's the antifungal treatment causing it.
I'm not supposed to do a change for another 3 days because of the treatment.

You should check if it's bleeding a lot or not.

You should also think about how long you had at a certain age the fish runs into a lot of problems

It doesn't seem to be actively bleeding, and the redness is starting in the opposite fin. I've only had him for 9mths or so.

You should check if it's bleeding a lot or not.

You should also think about how long you had at a certain age the fish runs into a lot of problems

Back
Top Bottom