On-line plant purchasing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malonbl

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is this recommended? I haven't found a good source in town. Please give recommendations of good websites for purchasing and any other tips.

Also, while I am at it, how often does a T8 fluorescent need to be changed (growing low light plants in 30 inch depth)?

You can buy from other hobbyists either here in the classifieds or in The Planted Tank forum under member's forum in the buy/sell section. I like TPT because there's a pTrader feedback system (kinda like eBay) where you can see who has good feedback for smooth transactions.

From websites, I've heard Peabody's Paradise is solid. I know there's a couple more sites, just can't remember right now. Just don't buy from AZgardens... bad rep.

I don't have any place locally that I can buy from really. Only one place that wants an arm and a leg for them. The rest is just Petco which only really have anubias and non aquatic plants for sale as aquatic plants. So I have always bought online. I have gotten some from Thatpetplace.com in the past. Have also gotten some from bobstropicalplants.com. Both were ok and the plants were decent. Thatpetplace.com the shipping was kind of high for me soo only ordered there once. Now I usually always get them from other hobbyist like Brian_Nano12g has stated. I have gotten lots off of TPT classifieds. I dont know about here as I am new but sure there are ppl here lots of good plants too? The thing I like about getting plants from other hobbyist is the plants are usually healthier and cost is cheaper.

Hi,

I'm interested in buying online too. I'm a bit skeptical of arizona based on the last post. Has anybody tried Glossofactory on EBay? It is out of Arizona.

I ALWAYS buy from Mikeswetpets on ebay and on Aquabid. Its cheaper on Aquabid of course. I have bought tons of plants from Mike and he always comes through for me. He's in NY and his plants are always healthy looking and well packaged.

Be careful. I live In Iowa and ordered some plays from a website a month back. I received them 4 days later all frozen solid. I expected them to put a heat pack with them but I over estimated there intelligence. I never received a refund or new plants.

plantedaquariumscentral.com

This is a very good place to order from. Their plants always arrive in great condition and are packaged very well. I'd recommend this place to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom