Ordered Plants, got BUGS! HELP! Also, Update on 30 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyvette

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, my plants finally came in. I now have a 30 gallon planted invert tank with 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, Steady pH @ 7.8, and sand substrate.

I got Several Anubias, couple of Crypts, couple of african ferns, some java ferns, and some hornwort.
I also got my 2 olive nerite snails, who came looking BEAUTIFUL, and great shape. Already very active after just minutes.
I put in my 5 freshwater clams, and 4 burrowed within 30 seconds of being in the tank. All I see now are their little tongues flopping around :) The 5th is not burrowed, but has his tongue out. They were AMAZING to watch dig. VERY VERY VERY cool.
My 11 shrimp who have been in there are even happier now that it is planted... swimming all over the place.

I did a 15% PWC before I put the clams/snails/Plants in. Then added half a cap of flourish, and 3/5 cap of Prime.

I am planning on putting in 4 mollies tonight. YAY!

Thats the good... here is the bad... I need yall's expertise.

EDITED- Did a search and found the info. I needed.
1.) I have little yellow snails. I will do the cucumber on the bottom and throw it away for a couple weeks.

2.) I have a couple bugs. I will let my mollies eat them.

Andy

So, on that note, I want to upload a few pics, but I dont have a space to do it. Help on that? Then I will post pics of the tank/clams/shrimp/plants :D

if u need space to post pics u can delete some old pics or just go to photobucket.com and upload your photos there and then there is a link on the bottom of every pic for this site that u can just cut and paste and your photos show up without using up space on the site. hth

So, on that note, I want to upload a few pics, but I dont have a space to do it. Help on that? Then I will post pics of the tank/clams/shrimp/plants Very Happy

There is 2 ways:
1) use photo bucket or something similar and place a link to it
2) make a donation to Aquarium Advice. The donation gives you some added photo space.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom