Oscar bump on filter or disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jace810

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Put in a new heavy duty HOB filter last nigh and this morning woke up to a white spot on Oscar head. I immediately thought hole in head disease :( but looking closer I wonder if he ran into the filter last night. I'm worried because I will be leaving for lake Powell for a week on Monday! Here are the pics. Thoughts and opinions please?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402097308.071527.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402097323.529213.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402097341.676864.jpg

Rest of his body still looks flawless

Just looks like a bump or scrap.. When I had my oscar he'd heal from one and have anther a few days later. Like I said just looks like a bump he does look great other then that.. Just keep an eye on him

It's a wound. Keep your oscar in a proper size tank(75 gallons) I know most will say 55 but honestly that's too small. Do 2-3 50-75% water changes a week with a good diet and your fish will never get HITH. HITH doesn't show up over night either. It takes a long time.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Comforting to hear! Thanks for your responses

Back
Top Bottom