Osmocote - aquatic plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The thing that don't sound good to me is that, with them on top, they dissolve into the water. In small ammounts, your plants will use what they release. Too much (or any at all for me) and algae declares war.

Does Osmokote have ammonium nitrate? If so, that can be an issue, though your BB may take care of it before it becomes one.

No, as per the initial post, i took a pic of the ingredients and it does not contain amonia nitrate, however it contains amonia nitrogen, if thats the same thing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes there's a potential for an ammonia spike since they use ammonia in them. They probably release their payload a bit slower buried in the substrate since the water flow is minimized, but the little balls themselves are made of plastic and will never dissolve.

Where do you guys get the gel capsules from?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Health food stores have them.

In the Classifiied forum there is a person selling premade Osmocote tabs cheaply. I have some listed for trade and will have them up for sale once I get around to sending paypal verification of my address.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom