Overflow Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello Everyone...

I have the Tidepool S.O.S. Overflow system working with my Precision Marine Wet/Dry Filter and Sump. The issue I am having is occasionally I will come home to find the sump nearly empty, and the pump output blowing air bubbles. When I investigate the cause of this I find that my Tidepools S.o.S. has totally stopped working and lost all suction.

I dont know if this is happening only if the power goes out or the pump is turned off but usually 1-3 times per week I find it in this condition. The problem is I am away from home a fair bit for 1-3 days per time and sometimes a week or so and with my UV sterilizor I would like the assurance that the wet dry and overflow will be operating properly. Any ideas what may cause this or how I could remedy it.

The pump I am using on this system is the MagDrive 500, 500 gph pump. The overflow is rated for up to 600 gph.

Unfortunately it’s not that uncommon with the S.O.S. Only thing I would recommend is to hook up the siphon tube (used to get it started) to the venturi part of a ph kept in the sump to keep air out of it. see this link for more info

I use the CPR CS102 model and have the siphon hose hooked up to a Maxi-Jet 1200 sitting in my sump. Never have lost siphon yet.

tecwzrd,

thanks a lot I never though to do that. Im going to set that up later this week.

Back
Top Bottom