Overflow questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, just to update everyone who helped out.... The tank is finally up and running!! THANK YOU for all your help!! It has been up for 4 days now. It was a pain in the butt, I found out all glass changed their hose sizes so that's the reason that the hose the sump filter came with would not fit the overflow output. I ended up taking all the fittings to the LFS and saying I need to connect this to that, and I had to do some creative adapting. I went with a m/d sump and am happy with it, although it is a little louder than I had imagined (no biggie).
So the fishies are happy now.... yes, I know, I am a naughty girl for not cycling it first, but they were seriously about to kick it in the 35 gallon tank. I didn't know if the smaller one was going to make it period. He swam sideways (in the old tank) for about a day or so, but he's doing better. They had just WAY outgrown the tank and I couldn't keep the water stable. I am using Stability in the new one and watching the levels carefully.

So, now on to my next question... The tank came with an ancient strip light, so I am looking to replace it. What do you recommend? We had aqua glo lights in the 35 gal and they really brought out the color in the fish. I want to still use them, I think.
I also like lunar lights so I was looking at this hood: http://cgi.ebay.com/Aquarium-Lighti...7QQihZ018QQcategoryZ46314QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Is this a good choice? Any input on brands, bulbs, etc would be appreciated.

Hey glad to hear the tank is up and running. Dont worry the fish will love you for there bigger pad. Go figure leave it up to all-glass to change the hose sized on somebody. As far as the lights go currant makes some good stuff and IMHO they are better in quality than jebo and some of the other ones on e-bay. Um your tank is pretty much a fish only type right, no plants or what not like that? If so than that should be more than enough light for it I would think. The bulbs that come with that thing to should duplicate those aqua-glows pretty good. I think those aqua-glows are something like 18k, I'm pretty sure they are the same as the power-glow but may be mistaken. However with the 50/50 bulbs comming in that unit the mix should look similar. Um, how about some tank pics, want to see how those oscars and the tank look. later

Back
Top Bottom