Pairing a Watchman Goby with a Pistol Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marxman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
All,

I bought a bonded pair of a Watchman Goby and a pistol Shrimp about 6 months. Recently I think my Watchman Goby may have died, I haven't seen him in a few days and he is normally on the rocks out front of their shared burrow.

If indeed the Goby has died, can I purchase a new Goby and expect the pair to form a relationship. Are there special steps I need to take to get them to bond?

Thanks in advance
marc

There is a chance, but keep in mind not all gobies will form this relationship with pistol shrimp. I'd also keep an eye out for the goby, check any overflows, and around the carpet. If these fish don't want to be scene, they won't be, and are also good jumpers.

Have you seen the shrimp at all? I would give it a few more days. My shrimp/goby pair sometimes goes into hiding for a few days. My presumption is that this corresponds with the shrimp molting.

+1 check for jumps or other such escapes. My goby has gone floor surfing once and made a few more attempts on top of that.

Back
Top Bottom