Penguin 150 broke power outage.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickriley2010

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I was not at my apartment last night I was watching my sisters dog while she is out of town I came back to feed my fish and the bio wheel wasn't spinning I went take the cover off and noticed it was hot and then I felt the sides of the filter it was burning up! I guess at some point last night or this morning the power went out and there wasn't enough water retained in the filter ? I have a fluval c3 that's still running its been running along side the bio wheel for over a week so I'm hoping it picked up enough BB to help keep the tank reasonably safe I have the bio wheel part floating in my tank because idk what else to do.

Any suggestions can It be fixed or replacement parts or cheaper to buy a new one ?

I'm looking into battery back ups now.

That should keep some of the BB alive.

I put mine in a plastic container and dosed it with ammonia to keep the BB alive

Hmm well my ammonia levels are like .15 ppm because the darn power screwed up everything ! So I need to hit up the petstore tomorrow and get that filter running agaain my c3 isn't doing jack anymore

Hmm well my ammonia levels are like .15 ppm because the darn power screwed up everything ! So I need to hit up the petstore tomorrow and get that filter running agaain my c3 isn't doing jack anymore

Stick what ever media you can next to the intake and outputs of the running filter, that will help pass water through it and help remove some
Ammo.

Back
Top Bottom