ph and calcium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swjunkie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all my ph and calcium levels are low and I need advice on what products to use to bring them up?

TIA

PH and calc (to a degree) are mostly kept normal by doing PWC 's
Most salt mixes have the needed trace elements to bring your tank up to a desired level unless you need more Calc for corals and such... but if that is the case you should be dosing or have a calc reactor.

I have been doing pwc's and I cant seem to get my ph level above 7.8. I need it to be about 8.2 for corals right?

8.1-8.3 is a good range. I use kent super buffer to help keep my tank stable. If you are using IO salt it is known to be low in CA. I use Turbo CA to increase CA.

I am using IO. I have tried kent liqiud calcium yesterday and today. it brought the calcium level up 20 points. to equal 300. I have tried a ph increaser yesterday and today and still wont bring it up past 7.8. I think I will have to try another brand. This is on my practice tank. What does this super buffer do?

What does this super buffer do?
Brings the PH up to 8.3 but not over that. Also buffers Alk. Good stuff. Depending on size of tank you would come out better using the turbo CA. Much more concentrated than the liquid.

You dont have glass tops on your tank do you. That will cause low ph due to poor gas exchange.

B-Ionic

I use B-Ionic for alk-ca buffer. Works great and I know many others like the product as well.

Back
Top Bottom