PH Levels Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dandabradford

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
just a few days ago i checked my levels and everything was right on the mark, how ever yesterday i bought two damsels and some live rock and looked this morning and found both damsels dead. I checked all the levels again and everything was right on EXCEPT the PH dropped down to 7.4 any ideas of what may have happaned or what I should do now?

just a few days ago i checked my levels and everything was right on the mark, how ever yesterday i bought two damsels and some live rock and looked this morning and found both damsels dead. I checked all the levels again and everything was right on EXCEPT the PH dropped down to 7.4 any ideas of what may have happaned or what I should do now?

That's weird to me that your ph would drop after adding LR and fish. Might be something else especially since damsels are really hardy fish. I would check your levels once again. Where did the LR come from and did you cure it first?

yes i know it is weird, but the live rock was cured in a fish store that i picked out of the live rock tank. is there something out there that I can use to make the PH highter?

They sell stuff called proper ph which will properly increase the ph in your tank. There's probably another method idk it so hopefully someone else can put there knowledge on this tread

What is your SG?

What other levels are you testing for and what were their values?

I wouldn't recommend a straight chemical solution. Something is causing major pH fluctuation. What kind of water are you using for water changes? What does your mixed SW (before adding to tank) test at? What kind of salt mix are you using?

I had issues like that a little while back
I was using IO RC PH dropped drastically (there was issues with the mix)
I use Kent Marine now hold a steady 8.3 now
no more further problems to date

Back
Top Bottom