PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apinkmanatee

Aquarium Advice Activist
My ph is 8.4. I'm just getting the tank started so right now I just have the water in an empty tank and am testing out all the equipment, I get my live rock tomorrow. How do I lower the ph??

Thanks in advance for the help!

apinkmanatee said:
My ph is 8.4. I'm just getting the tank started so right now I just have the water in an empty tank and am testing out all the equipment, I get my live rock tomorrow. How do I lower the ph??

Thanks in advance for the help!

8.4 is ideal. Ph will fluctuate depending on time of day. You can point powerhead at the surface to help with gas exchange. That would lower ph ad well.

Your pH will most likely change after your cycle is complete. Don't bother with buffers atm. A stable pH is preferable to a high or low pH. Just wait until your cycle is done and retest.

8.4 is fantastic, but if you plan on a reef tank, then I would probably lower it to 8.2-8.3. :D

As mentioned if you are cyclying dont worry about PH. There`s nothing wrong with 8-8.4 as far as PH. The best time to check is right before the lights go out.

Back
Top Bottom