Phyton accident!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verochloeedgar

Aquarium Advice Regular
IMG_1116.jpg
So I bought the Phyton hose for my new 63 gallons tank .... I had heard of stories of goldfish loosing an eye due to this but I though “I will be careful!” I went to check my bathroom for a second, just in case all the water was overflowing or something and when I was back to supervise the tank I found many scales in the water: my red Oranda Piesito has all this missing scales! I did not realise the succión was so powerful. He was very scared at first but after a few minutes he was asking for food and happy as always. I am really worried he could have some internal damage... or that all that wound could get infected. I have put some salt in the tank to “protect”. I am also going to be away for 2 whole days so I am a bit worried to leave him alone.
Shall I treat him with something? Shall I stay and cancel my 2 day trip? Am I overreacting over a small little scratch patch?

IMG_1119.jpgWhat do you think?

If you just did a water change go on your trip and enjoy.
The fact he got off the suction would seem to indicate he might be alright..
I wouldn't add anything but be ready to just change water again when you get back. Clean water will be the best for him and his boo boo IMO ..

Thank you! I am a bit paranoid but I really felt very bad when I saw what had happened. He seems fine apart from the missing scales.

Back
Top Bottom