plant id?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jharvey

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi folks, I have 6 plants in my 29-gallon tank right now and I only know the name of one... Can anyone help me ID these? I jumped into plants without knowing what would do well and some are doing much better than others and now it's hard to even do the research because I don't know what they are.

The one I know is an argentine sword (echinodorus) which was doing great in my 10g but has been really sad since the move to the 29g. Maybe my gravel isn't deep enough now? (just about 1"). It has new growth (very small) but all of the old leaves are falling apart.

(I also had hornwort but I killed almost all of it because it made my tank such a mess with all the shedding (just one tiny piece left). And I have one more unknown plant that my mystery snail has eaten to almost nothing so it doesn't matter...)

Any recommendations for plants good in low light with no added CO2 would be awesome (I have the "full spectrum daylight 17 watt" light that comes with the aqueon 30" hood).

Tank specs:
29g
gravel substrate
acquaclear 50 filter
80 degrees F
currently: 2 mollies, 4 zebra danios, 1 mystery snail
planned: 4 mollies, 4 zebra danios, 1 mystery snail, 6 neon tetra, 3 guppies

Thank you!!

Attachments

• plant pic1.JPG
    plant pic1.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 61
  • plant pic2.JPG
    plant pic2.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 70
  • plant pic3.JPG
    plant pic3.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 67
  • plant pic4.JPG
    plant pic4.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 60
Swords and Crypts need root tabs buried near them. Deepen your substrate to 2" if you can. Plants have to adapt to new surroundings. Trim off dead or dying leaves.

Look at Thrive liquid plant food from Nilocg. It should help the rest of the plants. with the root tabs for your sword.

http://nilocg.com/thrive
http://nilocg.com/osmocote-plus-capsules/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2nd pic looks like a hygro kompact not sure

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

I think pic 4 is Anubis. It's attached to a rock. Not buried right?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom