Please Help me! All my fish are dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Both of them, liquid for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH, and strips for chlorine.

Make sure to shake the heck outta bottle 2 for the nitrates if its API kit. Even tap it for a min against something. It's notorious for settling out and giving low nitrate reading.

Make sure to shake the heck outta bottle 2 for the nitrates if its API kit. Even tap it for a min against something. It's notorious for settling out and giving low nitrate reading.

Believe me, I shake it for about a minute very fast.

Do you have a canopy or cover over the aquarium? I believe there is toxin in the water. Anything that kills fish this fast isn't due to sickness or infections. I recommend using a lot of quality carbon. Purigens alone would not pick up toxins or heavy metals. They only pick up dissolved proteins (yet to be broken down to nitrogenous waste).

Do you have a canopy or cover over the aquarium? I believe there is toxin in the water. Anything that kills fish this fast isn't due to sickness or infections. I recommend using a lot of quality carbon. Purigens alone would not pick up toxins or heavy metals. They only pick up dissolved proteins (yet to be broken down to nitrogenous waste).

No, the aquarium is open. How much time will it take to carbon/water changes to detoxify my water?

No, the aquarium is open. How much time will it take to carbon/water changes to detoxify my water?

For 40gal and fish dying of poison, go big or go home.... 100ml of seachem matrix carbon should do. Water becoming suddenly too clean, may shock the fish. At this point I won't worry about parameters anymore. Do a 50% treated water change first, slowly at 2 gal per min rate for your tank. Add 50ml of carbon, then water change again tomorrow, add another 50ml of carbon. After that all if not most toxin should be out of the system.

I realize changing 20gal of water is pita, but that's what its gonna take. Just use treated tap water and no need for matching parameters yet.

For 40gal and fish dying of poison, go big or go home.... 100ml of seachem matrix carbon should do. Water becoming suddenly too clean, may shock the fish. At this point I won't worry about parameters anymore. Do a 50% treated water change first, slowly at 2 gal per min rate for your tank. Add 50ml of carbon, then water change again tomorrow, add another 50ml of carbon. After that all if not most toxin should be out of the system.

I realize changing 20gal of water is pita, but that's what its gonna take. Just use treated tap water and no need for matching parameters yet.

I´ll do that no matter what, that toxin must be removed from the water.

Back
Top Bottom