Please Help my copperband

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EllenJane

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi i am a new member n was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to help a copperband butterfly fish start feeding? my water quality is very good i have had copperband for 4 days and she has been grazing off live rock but has shown no interest in frozen food. i have feed live food for past 2 days but no luck with that either. she seems happy n looks healthy but a little thin. Tank is quite and has peaceful members. thanx Ellen

They're quite difficult to get eating from what I've read. They do graze algae off of rocks. From what I've read, they have to be offered many types of food before they might start eating. What all have you tried feeding it?

thanx for the reply but unfortuntely coco died this morning :-( she was grazing off the rocks but i tried variety of frozen n live food but she didnt start feeding but thanx for the help.

thanx for the reply but unfortuntely coco died this morning :-( she was grazing off the rocks but i tried variety of frozen n live food but she didnt start feeding but thanx for the help.

Sorry to hear that. :( It's unfortunately not the first time I've heard this about the copperband. They are beautiful fish, but very difficult to get eating.

Should you try this fish again, be aware that they eat many types of worms in the ocean as well as other benthic organisms.
I've had success keeping this fish by offering it a 1/2 clam that I get from the local seafood market. I would get a dozen clams and slice them in half and freeze them. Once the clam in the tank was fully eaten, I would wait a day or 2 then replace it. It was not their staple but there as an option plus, it was a natural food for them. Try this the next time if you want just about any fish to start eating.

Hope this helps (y)

thanx beengirl is sad but did expect it.

Thanx Andy for great advice as wud defo like to try keeping a copperband again sometime as is one of my fave fish but didnt try clam so will defo do this nxt time ;-)

Back
Top Bottom