Please help new to SW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
i want to do a fish only 2 clowns what will i need for my tank like filter substrate heater stuff like that 33 gallon please be specific?

You can use a hang on back power filter and fill the filter bags with carbon. A 50 watt heater will probably be fine. For substrate use dry aragonite sand (CaribSea is a popular brand).

and i have a 30 gallon and a 10 gallon filter from a fresh water tank will they work in a sw application? or is there a special filter for sw?

Live rock is not a must unless you plan to have a reef and keep coral and such. There are advantages that come with LR, and things that must be done properly to avoid problems (like curing the LR).

I would recommend getting live rock. It is the main natural filter in a saltwater tank. It also will make the clowns feel more at home and protected since they will have someplace to hide when frightened.

It doesn't need to be live rock either, if you want to save money you can purchase the dry baserock for about half the price and it will become live in time.

ok kool that might be an idea but would i have to wait for the rock to become live before i add my clowns?

so i need rock, sand, i have my filters and my tank, salt? what is it called how much do i add? should that be it???

Back
Top Bottom