please help!!! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

satan toes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I left to stay over at a friends house and thought could trust my parents with my fish but apparently not it is down to 74f which is to low and I need to know how to bring it up one fish is already dead I don't have a heater because my room is always way to hot and I normally half to cool down the tank it's 5.5 gallons please help I don't want then to die

Yes they do have a light on and I have 2 guppies a neon Danio and a glass cat and yes I know that I need more of the fish and a bigger tank I try to keep the tank at 78

74 degrees is cold but not cold enough to kill fish. I would look at other factors causing the death. Do you know the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels in the tank? Also, how long has it been set up? When was the last water change?

If you don't have a test kit bring some of the tank water to a LFS to get it tested. You need 0 ammonia / nitrItes, and below 40 nitrAtes

I keep all my tanks at 75 with no problems, I have or had all the species you have listed also at that temp. I fear that you might have over loaded your tank also it's harder to keep temps steady in a smaller tank

Actually, thinking about this I would do a 50% water change as soon as possible and then take some of the tank water to a LFS. No need to leave your fish in a potentially toxic environment any longer than necessary.

Actually, thinking about this I would do a 50% water change as soon as possible and then take some of the tank water to a LFS. No need to leave your fish in a potentially toxic environment any longer than necessary.

I thinks that's the problem here, the tank is a 5.5 with that many fish, so i'm guessing its not the temp. I'm not gonna get on to you or anything for doing that many fish in a small tank cause your going to upgrade. Be careful especially with the glass cat, there extremely sensitive to bad water, they'll start to turn a white to milky color when they start to die so watch out for that

Back
Top Bottom