Plecostomus murderer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlliRey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there
Please help.

We have a tank with a plecostomus.

1st we found 1 bala shark lying on the gravel gripped down by the pleco.
Then 1 silver dollar...
Now today another silver dollar are they carnivorous and killers?

Plecos will definately feed on dead fish lying on the bottom. Very hungry Plecos will attack live fish while they are resting at night and feed on the slime coat. Years ago one of my plecos took down an XL Angel fish.

Thank you V227. Pleco killed our silver dollars.
Just removed the pleco from the tank now and the last shark left is swimming happily now. Convinced pleco was traumatizing the rest

Thank you V227. Pleco killed our silver dollars.
Just removed the pleco from the tank now and the last shark left is swimming happily now. Convinced pleco was traumatizing the rest

Is there wood for the pleco to eat? Or it just living off of algae?

we have 2 in different tanks. it was only this one that had this nature. but happy to be educated. same food as the sharks. petshop advised we can use same generic tetra food.
is this OK for the sharks as well?

petshop advised we can use same generic tetra food. same food as for the sharks . but happy to take advise now rather as we have another pleco with danios, and for now they are all in harmony

I always use Omega One algea wafers. And I keep drift wood. They won't live long without drift wood.

What are the tank parameters?

Sometimes when there is something wrong fish will die off, or become aggressive. He might have been really hungry. Or a combination of things. Every once in awhile there is just a really bad tempered fish.

What size is the tank with the murderous Pleco? What size is the Pleco?

Back
Top Bottom