Pom Pom Xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajbully

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Purchased one on Saturday. LFS said he had it for about 2 weeks and it was doing great. I dripped it for about an hour when I got home and as of Monday night neither of the 2 stalks have opened and it now actually looks like one of the stocks is eroding from the rock. Water parameters are fine although calcium a little lower than normal (just under 400). It's a 90 gallon tank with 8 54 watt T-5 bulbs... any thoughts? Oh ya I placed it towards the bottom of the tank. Can this foul up the tank? All other corals are thriving...

Last edited:
You might want to give it a little time. Is it doing any better as of yet?

it's actually getting worse :(. Both stalks have shrunk down to basically nothing. Hey at least I got a nice piece of live rock out of it

Something has to be up...I have xenia and cant kill it. I have to prune it. Once a tiny chunk floated away while I was cutting and disappeared. Now I have another patch growing on the other side of the tank. What are your actual water parameters?

Back
Top Bottom