Poo eating BHT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AMANIQU77

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it normal behavior for a well-fed BHT to be pausing....pooping....then going after their poop as a snack? What's with the disgusting habit? Is that normal?

I feed marine flakes, spirulina flakes, frozen brime, mysis, nori, and formula two. This bugger eats well. Talk about witnessing the speed of a BHT. Feeding time ought to emphasize that.

There are many marine creatures that eat poop. Some fish though that don't may mistaken the poop for a morsal of food you put in the tank. That's when they spit it out. If they ingest...well hey...less poop for you to clean out. Nothing to worry about. It's got nutrients and not gonna make them sick or anything. It's a quite normal item on many a marine menus.

BTW...what's a BHT? I can only think of Blue Hippo Tang. Am I right??? or is my brain fogged right now??? LOL.

Yeah, blue hippo tang.

Wow, wouldn't they end up pooping the poop that they eat? It almost sounds like the process of pooping ingested poop would like blow a hole in the universe like the time-space continuum.

Thanks. If that's the case, I won't worry about parasites or anthing like that. It's just gross sometimes. He moves around, then he stops dead by the rock. No expression or movement whatsoever. Then poop starts sliding out of him, then he eagerly eats it. Yuck. :oops:

If you haven't had problems with intestinal parasites before with these same fish then it shouldn't be a worry. Not like you're able to stop it either...LOL.

Just for the fun of it, being we're on the subject...here's a link to a pretty funny webpage...LOL....

http://www.heptune.com/poop.html

I found out why dogs eat cat poop from this page. Not specific to any particular animal poop...just poop in general...LOL. Enjoy!!

Yes indeed, we live and we learn...ROFL!!

I was about to prepare breakfast....bacon....eggs...hashbrown....pancakes....it's delicious. Then I read the link..... :roll:

I get conscious now of what happens to what I eat. So it's a bit disgusting for me right now.... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom