Poorly dwarf neon rainbow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shelley_lou

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
I'm wondering if someone can give me some help diagnosing what's wrong with one of my dwarf neon rainbows.

Tank parameters are all fine at 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites, nitrates at 10

The last couple of days he has been separating from the group and staying only mainly the surface. He will swim down when disturbed but a few moments later he'd be back up there. I checked parameters, all was well but I did a 50% PWC just incase it helped. No change in his behavior so I moved him to a hospital tank incase he has something that will affect his tankmates.

This afternoon I was observing him in the hospital tank and I noticed he has a red blotch forming on one side, I don't think it was there this morning when I put him in. Also his eyes seem a little larger than normal but I'm not sure if I'm just imagining that or not when looking for symptoms.

Also he has ignored food this morning in the community tank and in the hospital tank this afternoon.

This is my first time dealing with a sick fish so any help would be greatly
appreciated

No other fish showing signs of illness as of yet.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395083047.192411.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395083069.026475.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395083069.026475.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 51
I can't see by the photo so I'm not 100% sure. It could be an ulcer. This just looks like a fleshy wound. Or it could be something much worse. This could be an internal bleed. This is incurable and shows as a red blotch on the affected fishes skin. Sorry about the bad news.

Back
Top Bottom