Poorly kept fish in cafe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wilddog

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A fancy gold fish is being kept in a 10 litre filter less substrate less tank. I feel wrong not saying anything. What should I do?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If it's a local cafe maybe offer to redecorate it for them.

A bigger tank and a filter are definitely recommended. Substrate isn't actually necessary, if fact it can help keep the tank cleaner.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yeah but for the fishes comfort substrate is vital.

And it is a local cafe.

And it is a local cafe.

Offer to talk to the owner about it. If you want substrate I would do small gravel. Goldfish don't mind it and you can use a gravel vacuum all you want on it.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

If it's a local cafe and the people running it are cool, this might be a great opportunity to offer your help. I'd jump at the opportunity!

It's mainly the fact that the tank is only 10 litres and that it doesn't have a filter.

It's mainly the fact that the tank is only 10 litres and that it doesn't have a filter.

Exactly, the cafe folks don't know and many of the customers won't. Ask if they would be willing to invest in more proper equipment and that you would be interested in helping them out. It would be a great chance to help out and get more people educated... seems like PR gold to me...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom