Pregnant platy??? Help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishwilllive

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so I just bought three platys from petco one of them died ten minutes after I bought it ? But the other two survived, anyway since platys can be easily
Determined male or female I picked different genders so I can have little baby fry ,so now I have a male and a female platy BUT what I noticed only minutes after I adapted the fish bag to the tank is that my female fish is big at the belly and seems to be very shy I know platys are shy fish ? but she's VERY SHY
I can't put anything on google so I can't provide a picture for this forum and I know that it's hard to determine if she's pregnant or not without one but I have nothing but a brain so I will explain what it looks like ok ?? so I have been doing research but I give up on google search so here it is;SHE has the common stomach that male and female have it's a greyish round shape in the location her stomach would naturally be ,BTW SHE US YELLOW AND SORT OF SEE THROUGH,but right behind it she has a roundish pink really small patch right above her vent I'm gessing it's her utorus inside there is one or two black little dots like eyes ? of the fry and she looks bigger than a usual female platy;in conclusion i know I don't have a pic and I'm sorry ? hope you can help btw any advice is needed!ive never had a platy so if she's pregos I'm screwed

Hi, if female than almost 100% to be pregnant. Would just be a matter of how far along. The females can store sperm for several months and have a few batches of fry even without a male in the tank. Generally a few fry will survive if they can find god hiding spots.

Hi. For future reference, petco has a guarantee for fish they sell(don't quote me, but I think 30 days). For a dead fish, water sample from the tank and a receipt you can get a replacement. If your tank is cycled and doesn't read ammonia , nitrite or outrageous nitrate they will replace the fish.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom